Bought the PlayStation but don’t know how to connect it to your laptop? Do not worry! This article will teach you how to connect a PS4 to a Laptop. Since the release of the gaming console, it has become very popular. Unfortunately, unlike a gaming tablet, you can’t play games on-the-go with a PS4. Or can you?
As soon as you connect your DualShock 4 controller to the computer using a USB cable, you can use the Remote Play method to play your PlayStation games on your system’s monitor. Scroll down to Know more!
9 Simple steps to connect a PS4 to a Laptop (Using Remote Play)
- Open your Web Browser, Google Chrome preferably.
- Go to the Remote play app by using the link ” https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/ “. Remote Play is a free app by sony that allows you to connect PS4 to windows. To use Remote Play, you must have an internet connection speed of at least 15mb/s.
- Now click on Windows PC or MAC and install it to your system. Follow proper downloading and Installing instructions.
- Open PS4 remote play. It has a blue icon that matches a DualShock controller. The PS4 Remote Play app is available in the Windows Start menu or maybe in the Applications folder for Mac.
- Connect a DualShock 4 controller to your computer by connecting one end of a USB cable to the controller and the other to an available USB port on the computer.
- On the right of the touchpad Press the “Options” button on the controller.
- Sign in to your PlayStation account. Enter the Email address and password and then press Enter.
- Enter your PS4 passcode if you have and then set up on your PlayStation account, you’ll need to enter it using the controller.
- Login and then enjoy playing on your laptop screen using the remote play app.
System Requirements for Remote Play
- Operating System required is Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Processor Configuration should be Intel Core i5-560M Processor (2.67 GHz).
- Memory Needed is 2GB RAM is a must
- Storage Space required is 100 MB at least.
How to Set Up a PS4 for Remote Play
- Turn on your PlayStation.
- Go to Settings.
- Select ‘Remote Play Connection Settings’ from the list.
- lick on the button ‘Enable Remote Play’
- Go back to ‘Settings’
- Select ‘PlayStation Network/Account Management’ and click on ‘Activate as Your Primary PS4’.
Remote play is allowed only when your PS is in Reset mode. So the following steps will guide you on how to activate reset mode.
- Go to ‘Settings’ in the menu.
- Select ‘Power Save Settings’
- Click on ‘Set Functions Available in Rest Mode’ to activate the mode.
Remember to check all the boxes against the below statements:
- ‘Stay Connected to the Internet’
- ‘Enable Turning On PS4 from Network’
- ‘Keep Applications Suspended’
This Step is very important to connect a PS4 to a Laptop.
Disconnect your Controller
Connecting is a very useful but disconnecting device that is equally important. Abrupt disconnection may lead to errors in your game and viruses in your device too. Spontaneous removal is never recommended! Following ae the points to disconnect the device:
- Open up the Settings panel.
- Select all Devices that you want to disconnect.
- Go to all Bluetooth Devices, select the DualShock 4 controller and press the “Disconnect” button then. This will disconnect all your devices.
Hey friends, Do you like the article? I hope you would. This complete guide to connect a PS4 to a Laptop. There is one more method and that is “PlayStation Own”. But this Remote play is more convenient.
Share your feedback. Thank you!!