On 10th December finally, Minecraft PS4 Bedrock edition updated on Play Station4. With this whole new update now users can enjoy the cross-play between multiple platforms like Xbox One, Windows 10, Nintendo Switch, IOS, Android and Play Station 4. The best part is that the update is totally free for users.
Minecraft’s studio head Helen Chiang revealed that their sole motive is to connect players across devices and offer the best user experience as well.
The recent update from Microsoft’s Minecraft brought you, improvement son, the interface, clearing of bugs, animation tweaks for guardian and elder guardian. And, the most interesting one is the PlayStation related assets that you can implement for cross overplay.
So, here are the patch notes, which also happen to be pretty long.
Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition Update Patch Notes – Bedrock 1.13.0
A kind of dead corals placed on the surface without water, which you can place on the top of the blocks.
Wither rose added and you can craft black dye out of it.
- Bone block = Xylophone
- Block of gold = Bell
- Clay = Flute
- Packed ice = Chime
- Wool = Guitar
- Block of iron = Iron Xylophone
- Soul sand = Cow Bell
- Pumpkin = Didgeridoo
- Block of emerald = Bit
- Hay bale = Banjo
- Glowstone = Pling
Items Update on Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition & Patch Notes
- You can craft, milk from brown mushrooms. You will find this in shipwreck chests. You can also buy them, form farmers.
- Spawn eggs
- Fox spawn egg added
- Brown mushroom
- Designed to pick up and carry items in mouths.
- Will eat and drop things they carry
- Attacked by Wolves and polar bears
- Attacks chickens
- “Time for Stew” – Make someone drink a suspicious stew (20G)
- Character creator
- Personalize your avatar in terms of body shape and size, skin, facial hair, limb replacement mouth, and hairstyles. Available in more than 100 items for free.
- Access accessibility settings from the in-game chat
- Turn off the chat prompt once entered the world.
- Change chat color
- Changed font menus
- Revealed PlayStation-related assets and translation strings into the game files.
Performance Updates for Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition
- Optimized network and resource tasks in World Launch
- Optimized Inventory
- Efficient Block Rendering
- Better Terrain Light Calculation
- Efficient Block Ticking
In fact with all these changes, if you are a newbie to Minecraft on PS4 then the Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition is definitely going to be the best place you can start.
User Interface Updates for Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition
- Accessibility color and contrast fixes and tweaks for dropdowns, buttons and the Play screen.
- Bug in removed in the text to speech narrator to work with punctuation in text boxes.
- Duplicate and overlapping progress bars removed.
- Fixed the safe screen area prompt not appearing, when necessary, on certain devices.
- Keyboard inputs now fine when the game loads out of window focus.
- Improved the “Open Chat” message for touch screen devices.
- Flight controls won’t show when sleeping in a bed in creative.
- Fixed the inventory screens of some blocks not appearing on the first attempt after the block’s state has changed, like hoppers and dispensers.
- Using ‘Place All’ (Y) on the cartography table output slot now only crafts as many of the shown results possible.
- Joining a Realm through the ‘Joinable Friends’ list no longer shows world info. (MCPE-47731)
- The background tint of the player coordinates is now consistent with the chat background. (MCPE-43791)
- Tweaked the controller cursor position when auto-crafting with a full inventory.
- Obfuscated text once again works with the smooth font chat setting.
- Fixed duplicated ‘Sign In’ messages that were overlapping.
- The correct Marketplace Inventory items are shown when switching between players.
- Global resource packs in Settings will now update to the new chosen language.
Well, guys, those were all the updates we have for the Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition so far. To stay notified for our next bath of updated stay tuned to this space.