Gone are those days when people used text messages to communicate with nears and dears. In this technical era, everyone has a smartphone and tons of instant messaging apps are here to connect you with your family and friends. Whatsapp dominates all the messaging apps in terms of features, ease of use and simplicity and that’s the reason the chat app secured a place in everyone’s device. When we chat via Whatsapp then there are certain messages which we don’t want to lose and if you accidentally delete them then what would you do. No worries, folks, I am here with the best ways to recover deleted Whatsapp messages.
Before getting started I want to inform that you can restore messages if you have turned on backup option on Whatsapp. If you didn’t do then you would not be able to restore deleted Whatsapp messages.
Let’s get started and reveal the simplest steps to recover deleted Whatsapp messages.
Table of Contents
How to recover deleted Whatsapp messages
To restore deleted Whatsapp chats there are different ways and here we are going to discuss the most effective ones:
Recover deleted Whatsapp messages through cloud backup
Google Drive and iCloud backup all your chats at midnight and in case you delete any messages after that time then you can get it back. Cloud backup has the deleted chat and to recover them you need to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to uninstall Whatsapp from your smartphone (Android or iPhone).
- Then reinstall the chat app and verify the phone number that was you using before uninstalling.
- After setting up your Whatsapp account a Pop up will occur asking for recover messages from cloud backup.
- Finally, you have to tap on the “Restore” option (Process would remain the same on both Android and iPhone).
- You have done!
Recover deleted Whatsapp messages through local backup
This trick works only for Android smartphones and if you are an android user then you have to follow these steps to recover your Whatsapp chats:
- You must have a File manager app in your smartphone to execute this method so if you don’t have then install first.
- After installing navigate to File manager> Whatsapp folder> Database (Database contains all the backup chats).
- Choose the file you want to restore and rename it to crypt12.
- Then you will observe several files in the folder in the format msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 and you can pick the latest one from here and rename it msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Its time to open up Google Drive and tap on three vertical lines and then on Backups.
- Remove Whatsapp backups from here and thus messages will be restored from the local backup.
- Your final move in order to restore deleted WhatsApp chats is to uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Like before set your phone number and again a pop up will occur asking for recovering chats from local backup, tap on Restore.
- You did!
How to keep a backup of your Whatsapp chats
As I said above these methods will work in only one situation if you have a backup of your chats. And to keep a backup you need to follow these steps:
- Initially open up Whatsapp> Settings > Chats> Chats Backup.
- Set up a time-frequency as per your desire such as daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Choose the Google account to store the backup of your chats (For Android users).
- iPhone users will select Auto backup or Backup now options to keep a backup of all their important conversations.
So folks with these ways ypu can restore your deleted messages but make you sure you have backed up your data. I think you got the required information via the post and if you found it helpful then do share with your family and friends.
Still, any question hovering in your mind then comment below. Stay connected for more tips, latest news, and lots more stuff till then Goodbye and happy messaging.