Gone are those days when people used text messages to communicate with nears and dears. In this technical era, everyone has a smartphone and tons of instant messaging apps are here to connect you with your family and friends. Whatsapp dominates all the messaging apps in terms of features, ease of use and simplicity and that’s the reason the chat app secured a place in everyone’s device. When we chat via Whatsapp then there are certain messages which we don’t want to lose and if you accidentally delete them then what would you do. No worries, folks, I am here with the best ways to recover deleted Whatsapp messages.
Before getting started I want to inform that you can restore messages if you have turned on backup option on Whatsapp. If you didn’t do then you would not be able to restore deleted Whatsapp messages.
Let’s get started and reveal the simplest steps to recover deleted Whatsapp messages.
How to recover deleted Whatsapp messages
To restore deleted Whatsapp chats there are different ways and here we are going to discuss the most effective ones:
Recover deleted Whatsapp messages through cloud backup
Google Drive and iCloud backup all your chats at midnight and in case you delete any messages after that time then you can get it back. Cloud backup has the deleted chat and to recover them you need to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to uninstall Whatsapp from your smartphone (Android or iPhone).
- Then reinstall the chat app and verify the phone number that was you using before uninstalling.
- After setting up your Whatsapp account a Pop up will occur asking for recover messages from cloud backup.
- Finally, you have to tap on the “Restore” option (Process would remain the same on both Android and iPhone).
- You have done!
Recover deleted Whatsapp messages through local backup
This trick works only for Android smartphones and if you are an android user then you have to follow these steps to recover your Whatsapp chats:
- You must have a File manager app in your smartphone to execute this method so if you don’t have then install first.
- After installing navigate to File manager> Whatsapp folder> Database (Database contains all the backup chats).
- Choose the file you want to restore and rename it to crypt12.
- Then you will observe several files in the folder in the format msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 and you can pick the latest one from here and rename it msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Its time to open up Google Drive and tap on three vertical lines and then on Backups.
- Remove Whatsapp backups from here and thus messages will be restored from the local backup.
- Your final move in order to restore deleted WhatsApp chats is to uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Like before set your phone number and again a pop up will occur asking for recovering chats from local backup, tap on Restore.
- You did!
How to keep a backup of your Whatsapp chats
As I said above these methods will work in only one situation if you have a backup of your chats. And to keep a backup you need to follow these steps:
- Initially open up Whatsapp> Settings > Chats> Chats Backup.
- Set up a time-frequency as per your desire such as daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Choose the Google account to store the backup of your chats (For Android users).
- iPhone users will select Auto backup or Backup now options to keep a backup of all their important conversations.
So folks with these ways ypu can restore your deleted messages but make you sure you have backed up your data. I think you got the required information via the post and if you found it helpful then do share with your family and friends.
Still, any question hovering in your mind then comment below. Stay connected for more tips, latest news, and lots more stuff till then Goodbye and happy messaging.
Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this website regularly, this website is actually good and the viewers
are really sharing fastidious thoughts.
Hi everyone, it’s my first go to see at this website, and article is really fruitful in support of
me, keep up posting these types of content.
I could not refrain from commenting. Well written!
We absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to write content for you personally?
I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on a number of
the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome blog!
Thanks for finally talking about > How to recover deleted Whatsapp messages (Best tips to bring back your
Whatsapp chats) – Latest Technology News – Gaming & PC Tech Magazine- News969 < Loved it!
Howdy! Quick question that’s completely off topic.
Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
My site looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone. I’m trying to
find a theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this
problem. If you have any suggestions, please share.
Wow, this post is fastidious, my sister is analyzing these things,
thus I am going to let know her.
An interesting discussion is worth comment. I do think that you need to publish more about this subject, it may not be a taboo subject but generally
people don’t talk about such issues. To the next! All the best!!
Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your web site in internet explorer, may test
this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a large portion of other
people will miss your magnificent writing because of this problem.
Hey there, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads
up! Other then that, superb blog!
I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep
it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later.
Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re working
with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a fair price?
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say
that I have really loved browsing your blog posts.
In any case I will be subscribing in your rss feed and I’m hoping you write
again very soon!