The most annoying part of PS4 is the slow downloading speed and that problem occurs due to the design flaw of the console. When compared with a PC and Xbox, PS4 is slower in terms of game downloads. Being a PS4 user I know how frustrating the situation is when you have to wait for hours to download a particular game. But no more irritation now because you can make your PS4 download speed 100X faster easily. But how? Go through the post and reveal the simplest tricks to increase PS4 download speed.
Table of Contents
Effective and simple ways to increase PS4 download speed
Games are going to bigger day by day and some of them are 40 GB to 50 GB in size. Think with slow downloading speed on your PS4 how much time such games will consume to be downloaded? To solve this issue the internet is flooded with a wide array of tips and tricks but what are the effective ones. Here we have gathered the best methods to increase PS4 game download speed so have a look below:
- The slow downloading issue can occur if you used to download multiple items simultaneously so try to download one thing at a time. That will boost up PS4 download speed.
- Many times we notice that the download stuck at a certain point then you just need to pause the download and resume to fix such issue.
- One of the best practices to speed up your PS4 downloads is to update it to the latest firmware. Whenever an update available you get notified but if you have missed one then you can update it by moving to Settings> System Software Update.
- Avoid playing games while you are downloading something on your console.
Go for a wired ethernet connection
Although PS4 Pro has powerful Wi-Fi connectivity the slim variants lack this capability. Even on PS4 pro, the downloads speed over Wi-Fi is relatively slower than an Ethernet connection. So if you have tired of slower downloads speed on PS4 then its time to move on a wired internet connection to increase PS4 game download speed.
Check the limitations of your router or modem
There are several types of modems and routers in the market and some of them are of low bandwidth because of their cheap price. It doesn’t matter how much you are paying for a higher internet speed if your equipment is not upgraded then you can’t get the desired speed. So to increase PS4 download speed switch to a high bandwidth modem.
Switch to DNS servers for faster PS4 downloads
Another prominent and the best way to speed up your PS4 download speed is to adjust the DNS settings of your gaming console. To switch to the DNS server you need to go through these steps:
- First of all, open up settings and in the main dashboards select the briefcase icon located at the top right.
- Then choose Netwrok> Set up Internet Connection.
- Here you will find two options, go for Wi-Fi if PS4 is connected with a wireless network and for modem connectivity choose Use A LAN Cable.
- Then select Custom.
- Its time to modify your DNS IP address so choose Automatic> Do not Specify> Manual.
- Finally, you are asked to enter the primary and secondary IP address and you can enter either of them:
- Google – 126.96.36.199 (“Primary” field); 188.8.131.52 (“Secondary” field).
- OpenDNS – 184.108.40.206 (“Primary” field); 220.127.116.11 (“Secondary” field).
- After entering double-check and then continue.
- Select Next.
- Select Automatic.
- Lastly, select “Don not Use” at the top of the proxy server page.
- Now check if there is an improvement in the downloading speed on your PS4.
Well, folks, these are the best ways to increase PS4 download speed and I think after reading the post you would not suffer anymore with the slow downloading speeds. All the tricks we have listed here work for Ps4 Pro, Ps4 Slim, and Ps4 Phat and in case nothing helps you then you need to upgrade your ISP plan.
Still, any query regarding speeding up PS4 download speed then let us know below in the comment section. For more tutorials and latest updates regarding technology, sports, entertainment, etc stay connected with us.